The Internet can be navigated safely as long as basic precautions are taken, particularly when using online or home banking. We offer the following recommendations:
• Maintain your PC operating system up to date as well as the different programmes you use for navigating such as Internet Explorer.
• It is vital that you have an anti-virus tool and that it is updated every day. An anti-virus tool that is not updated quickly loses its effectiveness as it cannot recognise new viruses.
• The anti-virus tool must be properly configured. Do not hesitate to contact the professional technical service if you have any doubts about the configuration.
• Periodically, your anti-virus tool should run a check of your whole computer.
• A firewall is a kind of software that blocks unauthorised external access to your PC and alerts you if any attempt is made to do this. As with the anti-virus, a badly configured firewall is practically useless. Do not hesitate to contact the professional technical service if you have any doubts about the configuration.
• Installing anti spyware software is a good security measure but, as always, it must be maintained up to date and properly configured. Do not hesitate to contact the professional technical service if you have any doubts about the configuration.
Internet Fraud Being aware of the most frequent kinds of fraud will help you to avoid surprises.
• Do not trust emails with strange subject headings or from unknown senders.
• Do not trust emails asking you for personal details unless you can reliably authenticate the sender's identity.
• Checking the email via the Preview Page is equivalent to opening the email. If you can avoid it, do not use the Preview page because some viruses are executed when the email is opened.
• Contact your bank if you suspect that you have received a fraudulent email.
• Your bank will NEVER ask you for your security access details by email or by any other means.
ANDBANK’S SECURITY SOLUTION
Andbank employs the latest technology to guarantee the highest level of security and confidentiality for all your transactions.